Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Birthday Boy

Today was a special day in our house. My little Daniel turned 7 years old. I love how they say it here in the Bayou, "He made 7." :) He has been such a blessing to our family. To know Dan is to love him. He brings joy wherever he goes. He (generally) wakes up happy and goes to bed happy. He is just the brother that God knew Charles needed. Despite their 4 year age difference, they are becoming very good friends.

Dan has been blessed with a mind that quickly understands math and he is growing in his love of reading. He loves when he gets to pick our family night activity. He usually wants family exercise night. :) He loves to ride bikes, take hikes, and play sports of all kinds. His latest hobby is tennis. Game night is another favorite activity of his. He could eat his weight in pizza and ice cream.

My favorite thing about Daniel is his deepening love of the Lord. He has been earnestly praying for about 7 months about whether God wants him to be a pastor when he grows up one day. He is a prayer warrior. If I really want something prayed for, I ask Dan. He almost always stops right then and prays. As a Mom, it brings me great joy to see him grow and mature as a Christian. I feel so blessed to be his Mom.

Daniel, I love you!!! Thanks for being an amazing kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment