Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Who Am I?

While visiting family recently, my boys (especially my little guy) found a new game. My Mom, a.k.a. Grammy, started playing Who Am I? with them. Gram thinks of a Bible character and tells a little bit about the story and sees who can guess it first. Sounds simple, and it is; however, it is a blast! After a few short minutes we exhaust the "easy" people (like David and Goliath, Joseph, and Moses) and find yourself reaching to the back of your memory for  characters a bit more obscure. It is a fun way to get the family involved in talking about the Bible! Many times the little ones get to learn a Bible story they've never heard before or do not remember. It can even spark a healthy debate which must be settled by looking into the Bible. :) I am all for talking with my children about God's Word every chance I get. This is an entertaining way to pass a long car ride or wait somewhere, while still following the Biblical principal found in Deut. 6:5-7,"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

What ways do you diligently teach your children God's Word?

No comments:

Post a Comment